Sunday, June 27, 2010

Swim Lesson

The first time we gave CJ a bath in the adorable little whale tub I registered for before she was born, she screamed. She hated it. I thought maybe she was like our dog, who also hates the water. (By the way, he's a lab. Aren't labs supposed to love the water? Not ours. Ours freezes up and acts likes he's being tortured everytime he gets a bath.)


She hated it until Mom and Dad got smart and started using the kitchen sink as a bathtub. (So much for the whale.) And now that she's graduated to the tub, bathtime is even more fun. She kicks and splashes and douses us as well. I assumed she's love a pool.


We bought a brand new yellow pool, swimsuit, and tons of sunscreen in anticipation of her first swimming experience. All day I waited for the little yellow pool to warm in the sun. I was so excited, I could hardly wait. I anxiously waited for her to wake up from her nap. As soon as I heard those first little peeps, I rushed in. We covered her with sunscreen, put on her swimsuit and took her out to the deck.


Her reaction: eh.

The only thing she was excited about was her rubber duck.



Hmmm... (Not the reaction I was looking for.)

1 comment:

  1. She is just the cutest:) Keep trying, she will grow to love it!! Evan didn't like it either the first couple of times, but this last time he was mad when I took him out! I LOVE that you are blogging now...

    ReplyDelete