Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We sure did! Lots of food, family and of course, fun!

Here's our weekend in pictures:


We made delicious M&M cookies using the best cookie dough recipe ev-ah!

We wore red, white and blue.


We ate popsicles (and man, did we love 'em)!



We went swimming - and it went a lot better this time! ;)



We ended the day watching fireworks from the deck...that is, until we got completely eaten alive by South Dakota's state bird (mosquitos, in case you didn't know). I love the 4th of July. Maybe it's the fireworks. Or the picnics. Or the balmy summer day. Or maybe its the proximity to my birthday... In my world, it's the best holiday.


1 comment:

  1. 1) those cookies look delicious!! do share the recipe if you get a chance...
    2) Little Ms Carleigh is so stinking cute:)
    3) It looks as if she is enjoying her popsicle more than she enjoyed her veggies!! very funny!!
    4) Enjoy your pre-birthday FUN! the big 3-0 is a coming!!
    ok, I think that's all I have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete